Thursday, December 9, 2010

a mini update

A quick sum up of some recent events!

I tried eating cheese again (it was glorious) and I was successful for 3 wonderful days then we had atleast 2 days of an unhappy baby...so after further investigation, dairy is unfortunately still not happening for me, siiiiiigh atleast I got one good slice of pizza in! I told the pediatrician this and she said that some babies just can't handle it until 4-6 mos old...ahhh that's so much longer for me!

Logan is starting to look more like me people say, I see my dad but it might be the bald head that makes me think that, add a mustache and it might just be him ;) sorry to say it looks like he inherited my lovely dry skin as he has some eczema under his neck.

He is 12 weeks old, almost 3 months and the average guess of his age based on his size is a 6 month old...guess he gets this from his daddy ;) He is now 13lbs. 3oz., I still need to measure and see how long he is because he has definitely grown! 3 month clothes are getting a little snug, 3-6 mos are fitting well and some 6 mos. clothes are even ok, he is a big boy! And I guess he looks even bigger when I hold him ;)

He has been sleeping through the night consistently since Thanksgiving, it has been magnificent! He usually sleeps 10pm-6am but sometimes even longer! One time it was 10 hours straight, I HAD to wake him up (wow really didn't think that would happen for awhile!) but you all just wait, or maybe you already know, that 10 hours of milk build up turn your pints into jugs and you have no choice but to wake the sleeping baby even if everybody tells you never to wake one haha.

His hands are his new fascination, he likes to stick one fist in his mouth and hold the other fist out in front of him and stare it down, sometimes he goes cross eyed looking at it haha. He has started to try and bat at his toys with his hands and he is starting to grab things and put them in his mouth. Still hasn't rolled over but he still wants to try and go straight to the sitting up part. He likes to be held facing outwards now so he can see everything, he seems much more attentive now and even loud noises are starting to scare him. Sorry I keep yelling at you dogs, but you wake the baby now when you bark haha.

The best part is when you come in to get him in the morning after you have been hearing him talk to himself for awhile over the baby monitor and you lean over his crib and say hello to him he gives you this big smile, best feeling ever.

In other not so baby news, we are finishing up decorating the house for Christmas and I have all my Christmas shopping done except for a few small things. Ok this is baby news but now that I think of it, we went to the mall and saw Santa, I was expecting a hilarious screaming picture of baby on Santa's lap but he was quiet and calm and just stared the other direction, maybe next year I will get the screaming photo ;) I have to see if I can find somewhere to scan it and put it on the computer to show everyone. Ashley came over and took our Christmas pictures, everyone agreed the baby is much easier to get a good picture with compared to all the animals haha and no we didn't even try to corral everyone into one photo! We got a lot of cute pictures, although it's hard to not say every picture of him is adorable! Now if I could just finish addressing the Christmas cards I could get them sent out. We are going to watch the preschool's Christmas program tonight and maybe this year I will win a basket raffle, I am feeling lucky...actually I should just go buy a lottery ticket instead ;) Kids singing all together on risers is always funny, should be enjoyable. Logan and I are doing our Christmas baking this weekend with friends too, so someone will have to come over and help us eat some cookies! I am excited to be Santa this year, ho ho ho, if only I knew what to get him! I have a feeling he will be getting a LOT of goodies this year :) Well we are off to target now, yes the second happiest place on earth. hopefully I will be better at updating, maybe that will be my new years resolution with oh so much more...

and p.s. pre pregnancy jeans fit now, woot. Still a bit of tightening up to do in my muffin top (haha) but it's nice to say I am pretty much back to normal, although I can't say the same for my belly button, poor thing haha. I have no idea what I weigh now but I gained 32 pounds in 9 months and have had 12 weeks of losing so it's not such a bad trade off, thank you breastfeeding and probably thank you dairy free diet even though I despise you. At least the almond "ice cream" is actually quite tasty ;)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You look great! And how did you get such an amazing sleeping baby?

    ReplyDelete